How do I read my prescription?
We need your complete contact lens prescription in order to fill your order. All of this information is available on either the package of contact lenses you are wearing or the prescription provided by your eye care professional. Most states require that eye care professional provide you with a copy if you request it.
Here is the information a prescription should contain:
- OD = right eye
- OS = left eye
- Brand name (eg. Acuvue)
- BC / Base Curve (a number between 8.0 and 10.0)
- DIA / Diameter (a number between 13.0 and 15.0)
- Power / Sphere / Rx (a number between -20 and +20)
For astigmatic patients, we also need:
- Cylinder (a number between -4.00 and +4.00)
- Axis (a number between 0 and 180)
Cylinder and Axis are usually separated by × and read as "times"
If you need more information, please contact our Customer Service Department for further information and assistance.